Have you ever told yourself that Life is beautiful? Despite all the imperfections, can you still afford to appreciate the finer things in life. Life is not perfect. It is full of ups and downs. No matter how you tried to get what you want, there are still things that doesn’t come your way. There are reasons why. We try to search for answers. But as we go along with life, we realized that sometimes there are just some things that surprises us. It makes us believe that there is indeed magic. After all, God has plans for us and it’s always for our own greater good.
We have to appreciate everything that comes along the way. Be it small or big. Be it expensive or not. Be it priceless or ordinary. No matter what these things are, we have to appreciate it.
Everyday despite all the ramblings and chaos, I can truly say that life is beautiful. Despite the presence of cynicism, I can say I have something good to myself and to the greater good of all.
I decided to write down the reasons why I always say Life is Beautiful. So here are some of the reasons why I can truly say that Life is beautiful.
1. At this point of my career, I have proven to myself that I can excel in whatever things I do. That work combined with passion and dedication can bring success on the table. Recognitions and awards are just mere testaments of what I have done but at the end of the day what matters to me is I made a difference to others.
2. As I aged I learn to handle things in a more mature way. I guess the older you get the wiser you become. The way you speak, write or handle yourself speaks a lot as to what kind of person you are. I always tell my students to behave properly. To act with decency and morality even if you are wronged. At the end of the day, one will not be judged by the looks, wealth or possessions that you have but by one’s character.
3. I accepted and embraced myself as to who I am. There comes a time in our life that we ask ourselves who we really are. Sometimes we struggle to search for answers. Sometimes it’s hard to accept the reality. No matter how we tried to change ourselves, we can’t. I learn to accept that there are things that I cannot change. I wish that things can be differently but it is impossible to change it. I learned to accept my own idiosyncrasies and uniqueness. When you learn to accept yourself, you fly. The opportunities are limitless and you feel good that finally you set yourself free from the bondage of fear. When I see someone struggling with acceptance, I always say fear not for things will fall into place. The more you fight yourself, the more your life becomes a misery. When your life is in misery, the more you see things negatively.
4. Life is beautiful if you stand up with your own principles. We have choices. Every choice we make there are consequences. We must be ready with it. In our lives, we ask ourselves, did we fight a good battle? Did we stand to what we think is right? I learn to stand to my own principles if know that what I think or perceive is right. It is important to stand on our own principles so that we will not be corrupted by the crooked system, by negativism of others people, and by fraud. I tried to fight tooth and nail that my principles will not be tarnished by the wrong values and principles. Up to now, I succeed. It’s better to be unpopular and keep your self intact rather than deteriorate and suffer in the end.
5. Seeing the big picture. In life, we need to see the big picture. The pros and cons of our actions. We need to examine our lives first before we see others. By examining ourselves, we will be guided with our actions and most of all in our decisions. I always remember what my teacher in elementary school said “Before you judge someone, you better judge yourself first.”
6. Life is beautiful if you don’t have hang-ups in your life. I consider hang-ups are shortcomings in life. When you expect a lot from yourself and when you fail, you feel that you have lost your value as a person. It should not be the case. In life, you win some, you lose some. When you win, you have to learn to stay humble, when you lose, accept it graciously. There are things that are beyond your control. All you have to do is to get up and walk again. Looking life in a very negative way breeds hate and anger. You only see the mistake of other people but you forgot to see your own. I learn to do away with negativism and see things in a positive way. That’s why I’m happy to see other people succeed. I learn to accept that not everything that I want will come. What matters is I tried my best so that I don’t have any regrets in life. I took the bar twice and still failed it. Did I feel mad about it? No. I feel sad but I did not feel mad about the results. Why? Passing the bar will not define my life. It’s a career path that I want to venture with. Is it the end of the world if I will not be a lawyer? No way. Failing twice gives me a sense of direction. It gives me chance to explore other areas that I can engage in. And what did I discover? I’m excited about what future holds. The dust has settled and I’m on my way to accept new challenges.
7. Life is beautiful when you are surrounded with real friends around you. Friends comfort you when you feel down. They are those people who doesn’t tolerate your wrong actions. They appreciate the little things that you do. They are those people who will accept your imperfections. When you have these kind of friends, you will truly say that you’re not alone.
8. Life is beautiful when you open yourself to others. When you welcome people in your life, you allow them to discover who you are. Why seclude yourself, when you can enjoy laughter, shedding some tears or even just having a cup of coffee with new-found friends. It makes a difference in one’s outlook in life.
9. Life is beautiful when you don’t deprive yourself. Why do we work? Why do we shed blood, sweat and tears to earn some money? It’s because we want to survive. Not only that we work hard because we want to enjoy life. A simple comfort food, drinking some cup of coffee, or even eating a slice of your favorite dessert can spell a big difference in the way you look at life. As what Tita Angel always tell me “Enjoy Life!”
10. Seeing the real world instead of living under the state of denial. Life is beautiful if we can truly see the real world. We dream, sometimes we hallucinate, and there are times we create an illusion. We need to wake up and see that life is full of surprises. We have to be real in all our actions. By being realistic, we can do whatever we want to do. We venture on things that will challenge our strengths and test our weaknesses.
Indeed, life is beautiful when we have a happy disposition in life. When we take time to appreciate little things that come along the way. See failures as mere challenges and not failure in itself. We cannot turn back time and say how I wish I could have done something good in the past. Cherish every moment. Welcome changes that comes. Enjoy every minute of your existence for LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.